Application Case: Electrification
Ambition: Include different certification disciplines in a MDO problem to assess the best electrification level of the aircraft on-board systems.
video or animation
Below you can download the models produced during the development process of this Application Case
|Stakeholders, needs and |
|Flight Control System Architectures|
Certification System Architectures
You can also find all documents here.
- The present work defined the optimal level of systems electrification considering the impact on aircraft Life Cycle Cost and on the certification margins for minimum performance, systems safety and external noise constraints.
- Four on-board system architectures with different level of electrification are identified for a small regional aircraft. Each one is inspired by the present aeronautical trends.
- The integration of Safety/Minimum Performance analyses on the MDO workflow will reduce the need of modifications during the certification phase reducing the aircraft development time and cost.
- Fioriti, Marco, Della Vecchia, Pierluigi, & Donelli, Giuseppa. (2022). Effect of Progressive Integration of On-Board Systems Design Discipline in an MDA Framework for Aircraft Design with Different Level of Systems Electrification. Aerospace, 9(3). https://doi.org/10.3390/aerospace9030161
- Fioriti, M., Cabaleiro, C., Lefebvre, T., Della Vecchia, P., Mandorino, M., Liscouët-Hanke, S., Jeyaraj, A., Donelli, G., & Jungo, A. (2022, June 30). Multidisciplinary design of a more electric regional aircraft including certification constraints. AIAA Aviation 2022, Chicago. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.6801154
- Fioriti, M., Della Vecchia, P., Donelli, G., & Hansmann, P. (2021, July 28). Assessing the Integration of Electrified On-Board Systems in an MDAO framework for a small transport aircraft. https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2021-3094