Application Case: Supply Chain
Ambition: Accounting Simultaneously for Manufacturing and Supply-chain Variables in the Early Stages of Aircraft Design to reach the Global Optimum and Perform Trade-off Studies Never Addressed Before.
Below you can download the models produced during the development process of this Application Case. You can also click on some of the icons to learn more about the tool.
|Stakeholders, needs and |
|HTP, Supply Chain & Manufacturing Architecture|
|DC2 Baseline + Production Branches|
- Including manufacturing and supply chain decisions in the early aircraft design stage allows decision-maker to identify a performant and competitive solution.
- Reach the global optimum in terms of aircraft performance and production management is quite challenging due to the huge amount of data characterizing each individual domain.
- The strict requirements of optimization algorithms limit the available options for problem formulation, as they may have a large number of variables (discrete and categorical) and many computationally expensive objectives and constraints to evaluate.
- The concurrent coupling of multi-domains is automatized by leveraging the AGILE4.0 MBSE and MDO technologies. However, further improvements are still needed due to complexity of relationship existing among these domains.
- The value model simplifies the multi-objective Pareto-front visualization under specific assumptions and the multi-criteria decision-making process when multiple domains are involved.
- An interactive dashboard is a powerful mean to exactly match and quantify decision-maker´s preferences while leveraging value-model theory.
- Donelli, G., Ciampa, P.D., Lefebvre, T., Bartoli, N., Mello, J., Odaguil, F., & van der Laan, T. (2022, June 30). Value-driven Model-Based Optimization coupling Design-Manufacturing-Supply Chain in the Early Stages of Aircraft Development: Strategy and Preliminary Results. AIAA Aviation 2022, Chicago. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.6801130
- Donelli, G., Ciampa, P.D., Nagel, B., Lemos, G.F.C., Mello, J.M.G.D., Cuco, A.P.C., & van der Laan, T. (2021, July 28). A Model-Based Approach to Trade-Space Evaluation Coupling Design-Manufacturing–Supply Chain in the Early Stages of Aircraft Development. https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2021-3057
- Donelli, G., Mello, J.M.G.D., Odaguil, F.I.K., Lefebvre, T., Bartoli, N., van der Laan, T., Boggero, L., & Nagel, B. (2022, September 5). A Value-driven Quantitative Framework Coupling Aircraft Design, Manufacturing and Supply Chain by Leveraging the AGILE4.0 MBSE-MDO Framework. 33rd Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences (ICAS), Stockholm, Sweden. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7443393